Graduate Nurse Residency October 2021 Texas Health Resources Hospital Locations 4682
Graduate Nurse Residency – October 2021
Are you looking for a rewarding career with an award-winning company? We’re looking for a New Graduate Nurse to join our Texas Health family.
- Work Locations – Dallas, Fort Worth, Texas area.
- Work hours: Full-time, (3)-12 hour shifts.
- Rotating weekends, Holidays, and on call shifts required.
- Salary: $26.50 per hour.
Texas Health Resources is one of the largest faith-based, nonprofit health care delivery systems in the United States and the largest in North Texas in terms of patients served. Texas Health has 25 acute-care and short-stay hospitals that are owned, operated, joint-ventured or affiliated with the system. It has more than 3,800 licensed beds, more than 21,100 employees of fully-owned/operated facilities plus 1,400 employees of consolidated joint ventures and counts more than 5,500 physicians with active staff privileges at its hospitals. At Texas Health, we strive to create an atmosphere of respect, integrity, compassion and excellence for all who come in contact with us, be they patients or our employees. We are committed to diversity in our workforce, and our mission to serve spreads across ethnic, cultural, economic and generational boundaries. We invite you to join us in furthering your career through our accomplishments and philosophy of excellence.
Graduate Nurse Residency Program Overview
The Texas Health Nurse Residency Program is a comprehensive, evidence based on-boarding program with a 2-year employment commitment that offers new graduate nurses an exciting opportunity to gain the experience, judgment, skills, and confidence to successfully navigate the complexity of hospital life.
Integrated into a Hospital’s education structure, the Texas Health Nurse Residency Program includes a guided clinical experience with an instructor-led core curriculum, a formal mentoring program, informative debriefing/self-care sessions and supportive 360-degree evaluations. Residents not only participate in the learning experience on their personally selected home units, they also rotate through other departments to gain an expanded nursing experience vital to the complex patient care.
- ADN (Associates Nursing Degree) is required upon hire; BSN preferred
- Graduated within the last 12 months preferred
- Less than one-year experience at the time the residency begins preferred
- Have not previously completed a THR nursing residency preferred
- Current RN licensure (Texas or Compact State). Boards MUST be passed, and results verified by noon the Wednesday prior to start date.
- Current BCLS required upon hire
Interested in Applying? Please provide the following during the application:
- Official nursing school transcript (Unofficial transcript accepted until official is available).
- Exemplar/Essay: In one-to-two pages, tell the story of a clinical situation that was especially meaningful to you as a student nurse and that has helped you shape your practice today.
Why Texas Health
- At Texas Health, our people make this a great place to work every day. Our inclusive, supportive, excellence-driven culture make Texas Health a place you’ll love to call home.
- Texas Health Resources is one of the largest faith-based, nonprofit health care delivery systems in the United States and the largest in North Texas in terms of patients served.
- At Texas Health, we strive to create an atmosphere of respect, integrity, compassion, and excellence for all who come in contact with us, be they patients or our employees. We are committed to diversity in our workforce, and our mission to serve spreads across ethnic, cultural, economic, and generational boundaries.
Do you still have questions or concerns? Feel free to email your questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.